Monday, October 13, 2014

The Last Week With Elder Durham


Monday, October 13, 2014

Hey!

Haha.  That's sick the Sharks beat the Kings (opening night, in LA)!!!

The weather here is slowly starting to get warmer. I'm definitely not looking forward to summer. lolz We never cook. Well this past week we actually made empanadas!! They were actually pretty good too!! Other than that, we never cook. I`m so tired of eggs because I eat three hard boiled eggs every morning and then at night we don't really have dinner.  We used to make pizzas but we got tired of that haha.

This week we did inter cambios (exchanges) with the Zone Leaders.  Elder Davis went with me and we stayed in Quilmes 3. Then Friday it rained all day and Elder Durham's feet where wet all day so he got sick and then I got sick but we`re feeling better today.

Manuel and Claudia still have no idea about they`re marriage papers but they`re still going strong. Manuel got a new job that pays a lot better. They have to move out of their place by the 20th but I think they have a place to move into. We taught Jorge and Gladys about the Sabbath Day being holy but they run a fruit stand and they say it has to be open on Sunday.  It's hard.  I understand where they`re coming from with their fruit stand, but they just need to have faith and trust in God to not have it open on Sundays and to come to church. Blaz is a boss.  He came to church again yesterday and is in the process of making some changes in his life. Arminda should be gettting baptized this Saturday! We have a couple more lessons with her covering the commandments and then it's just the baptismal interview! We do have some investigators that aren't progressing in the Gospel and I'm really lost as to what to do with them.

This week we`re going to be busy visiting our investigators and then just a lot of people so Elder Durham can say goodbye. Transfers are next Monday and  he`s been here for 6 months so there's almost no way he`ll stay. I'm really nervous about my new companion.  He will most definitely be a Latin companion so this next transfer is probably going to be hard, but it`ll be good for my Spanish.

 I love you guys and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment