Monday, March 14, 2016

It Is Good To Be Back


Hola Hola!

So it was awesome - first week back in 9 de Abril!! It has been so great being back in the field, working in the streets and teaching the gospel. Perhaps being in the offices helped me appreciate the time I have left as a missionary. I was so worried and sad when I first got the call to go to the offices that my proselyting mission was over and it hurt. At the beginning I really didn’t think I’d get back out teaching and working like a “normal” missionary, so it is a huge blessing to be back at “work”. I’ve found coming back in the field, from the offices, that I’m a lot more direct and bold talking with the people. I feel like I’ve found a better balance of the same time being able to convey the love that God has for them.

Right now we have a handful of investigators and we found a bunch of new ones this last week. Up until now, none are progressing. We found an awesome young couple the other day. We walked by their house and they were outside drinking mate with their young son and we felt we should return and talk to them, so we did. They ended up letting us in and we were able to teach them. Nahuel and Daiana are their names and they are 24 and 22 respectively with a 6 year old daughter and 5 year old son. They have had problems in their relationship and just 3 weeks ago got back together after being separated for some time. We found them on Saturday and taught them and they said they’d come to church. We offered to come get them at their house and walk with them to church but they politely declined. In the end, they didn’t show up so that was a bummer but they did say that they had a commitment later that day. We are hopeful because they have a ton of potential, especially right now in their lives. We are hoping to be able to take Brenda and Junior with us to a leccion (lesson) because we think they’d be able to help them out a lot.

It was also super special seeing everyone again. Pretty much everyone remembered me. A few of the members from the other half of the ward boundaries recognized me but had forgotten I had served in the ward ha-ha. But yeah, everyone was kind of confused and at first thought maybe I was in a nearby area and just there on an intercambio. Definitely been special being back and seeing everyone, especially after not being able to say goodbye. If I stay for another transfer and finish up here, which I’m almost sure I will, it’ll definitely be hard to say goodbye.

Being with Elder Bravo has also been super great. He’s an awesome missionary and we’ve been working super hard. We get along great and he’s a great guy so I’m super pumped for this transfer and I’ll be happy if I finish up with him.

The Lunas are doing great. Hermano Luna still feels great pain and grief with the loss of his wife and obviously still misses her greatly but he’s continuing on with great faith. Still working hard as Ward Mission Leader. He works as a temple worker and is just a great man.

I did end up going to the offices last week, twice actually. Poor Elder Ward. It’s been pretty much a whitewash for him. With the Medinas, I never got the chance to really teach and train them well, since I didn’t work in the office often, and they haven’t really been able to help Elder Ward out at all so far with what they did learn. He came in and went over some notes I left, but was pretty lost.  I went in twice and helped him out. I think he’s pretty much set, but I’m going to go with him for the first time he does tramites. It was kind of interesting because I was wondering how being back in the field would be. Because honestly I had kind of forgotten what it was like to proselyte all day, ha-ha, but we got to work and it feels so normal and so great. At this point, like I mentioned a little last week, now I kind of don’t remember what the office is like, ha-ha.

So yeah we are also working with the Easter initiative a lot. We got the pass along cards and we started using those yesterday. I haven’t gotten a chance to see the video yet though, but I’m excited.

Well I guess that’s it for now. I hope you guys have a great week. Thank you for the words of encouragement and for everything! I’m always excited to hear how everyone is doing and seeing the blessings, not only here, but back at home too. Miss you.

Love
Elder McFarland

P.S. Good news!!! So Elder Ward just called me and my carta de culto came today! That’s the document I was missing and have had trouble with, so today my new one came and now tomorrow we are going to go to migraciones, so hopefully they won’t deport me now!! Ha-ha. But really, hopefully now I can do my tramites and it`ll all go smoothly this time. I’ll keep you guys updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment