Monday, May 25, 2015

District Leader

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hola!

So this week was pretty busy. Wednesday was the district meeting. I spent quite a bit of time planning a lesson but then at the last minute, on Wednesday morning, I wasn't finished yet and felt I should do something else so I ended up basing the lesson off of D&C 133:15 and used the first part to talk about doing more contacts; that we need to remember to talk to everyone and not be in a rush to always get to appointments. The second part was about our hearts. Where are our hearts? In the mission or in the past? Also, our investigators have to learn to not look back on the life they are leaving behind but look to their new life of following Christ. It ended up being alright I think. We also set goals as a district. The district meetings are every Tuesday and an hour to an hour and a half long. I can assign stuff, but this week I didn't and I don't think I will for tomorrow. Thursday was a meeting for District Leaders and they talked about various things - like what it means to be a District Leader, our responsibilities and all that. It was really good. Then Friday was a meeting for trainers and new missionaries and we had to go again. That was really good too. Then Saturday, in the morning, I had to do two baptismal interviews in one of the areas in my district - a 14 yr old and 16 yr old. I was nervous but the meeting Thursday helped and I think it went well. Also, as District Leader I have to call my district every Thursday and Sunday night to see how they are doing, how the work is going and all that. So this week was pretty busy. I haven't had any down or free time at all, in the morning or night, but it's good.

The area is pretty big. There used to be 4 Elders here and now it's just us, but I can see why it used to be 4. Saturday and yesterday it started getting colder and a little colder in the pension but not too bad. The area is, not to scare you Mom, haha, the most dangerous of my three areas. Really it's not all that dangerous but we have to return to the pension around 8 if we can. My companion's last companion got robbed twice, haha so maybe I`ll have some new stories. I still haven't met all that many members. I greeted some on Sunday but didn't really get a chance to really talk or get to know any.

We have three baptismal dates. Two of them are Jesus and Maria. They are 20 and 19 years old and have a 8 month old baby. Jesus has been coming to church for a decent amount of time now but it was Maria's first Sunday. They both had a baptismal date for the 31st of May but they aren't living the law of chastity. So this week we taught it and they said they had the desire to get married so hopefully this week we can help them start that process. If they can get married in time, their new date is for June 20th. This morning we had a service project at the house of Jesus to clear his backyard. We have an appointment with the other baptismal date, Daysi, tonight. She's the girlfriend of a less active.

My companion doesn't speak English.  He's the only member of his family. His parents are separated, if I remember right. He was studying three years in genierĂ­a de finanzas, finance engineering in English. Not sure if that exists in the states, haha. I think it`d just be finance. He knew the Church from a coworker. She always talked to him about the Gospel and I think by the time he actually decided to meet with the missionaries she had already left for the mission. She's now returned and I think engaged so ya fue that. He's cool though. We've been getting along good and he doesn't seem like a new missionary.

I`ll have to think because right now I cant think of anything really I want or need. Perhaps a pair of shoes. The size kind of always depends on the shoe, but I think 10.5 but other than that I`ll have to think about it. Thanks for everything. I love you and miss you guys!


Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment