Saturday, July 26, 2014

Week 6 - Last Email From the MTC


Hola! 

How's everyone doing? I can't believe I'm about to leave for Argentina! In a way it seems like it's flown by, but it also feels like it's been forever. The MTC has been a great experience, but after 6 weeks I'm definitely ready to leave. Not sure I'm quite ready for Argentina, but I don't think I'd ever feel ready. I'm excited, but a little nervous. I'm nervous for the language because I know I won't be able to understand anything, but I know it'll come with time. I'm excited to meet the people, to see what the culture is like and to meet my Mission President! Our teacher let us email him yesterday in Spanish so that was cool. 

Sunday the devotional was by T.C. Christensen who is the director/cinematographer for quite a few of the Church movies like 17 Miracles. Oh, also me, Elder Bradham, Elder Johnstun, and Elder Sandberg got front row seats!! It was in the Marriott Center again and originally we were in the first row of the stands but then there were empty seats down below so we got to be in the very front.  We were literally like 10 feet from the speaker.  It was so cool!
 
Tuesday night we sang Lead Kindly Light at the devotional and Stanley G. Ellis from the Seventy spoke. Actually most of the time he had his 8 children come up and bear their testimonies about their missions, but it was really, really good.
 
Yesterday we had in-field orientation at main campus all day. It was long, but it was great and it got me excited to get into the field! All the missionaries would be together and we'd talk for a little bit, then break out into smaller classrooms and do some activities and we did that a couple times. We learned a lot about the key indicators and why they're so important. And to set goals THEN plan. They also emphasized the importance of working with the members. It was really good and we got to eat at the cafeteria on main campus and it's WAY better than the west campus cafeteria. I haven't changed weight at all but if I'd been eating at main campus I definitely would've gained like 10 or 15 pounds haha. They have so much more food and options and it's way better. They have the cafeteria but I still like west campus better.
 
Today we went to the temple and then we're just going to pack. I did get all the packages, thank you!! The brownies were delicious and of course everyone loves them and says they're delicious. Thank you for buying the sleeping bag and sending the ipod! I'll probably buy a calling card and we're going to call at Atlanta so it'll probably be between 3-5 pm California time. I gotta go but I'll probably be back on later if I missed anything. Love you guys!

Elder McFarland 

No comments:

Post a Comment